My friend’s mother in law’s estate was filed but closed intestate as her husband had stated that he was unable to locate the original will. We suspect that this is not true. If we somehow manage to get a copy of the will, can we contest then and handle the estate? Is there any certain time frame to do this?

1 Answers
2 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

You may very well do this but you may have a very short statute of limitations depending on your state laws. I’ve no clue what made you believe that the will would be more fruitful to the children than the husband, or it’d be far different than the intestate code. My best advice would be to call around and see if you can locate a good probate attorney who can aptly understand your situation.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo