Can a living trust in California have co-trustees with equal oversight?

One of my relatives in CA has chosen a friend of her to act as Trustee of her Living Trust, and has removed a family member form that position, but made him successor trustee, which for sure provides him with no oversight unless and until the Trustee is removed for any reason. My family has raised a question on this move and stated concerns of undue influence by the ‘friend’. Now what is worse, that relative has refused to provide my family with a copy of the recently amended Trust, including the person who is the successor Trustee. She excuses that as all family members live outside CA, she had to choose a local person to act as Trustee.
1 Answers

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions.Learn more »

  • expertise badge
  • TrustLink logoTrustLink logo
  • Customer ratings on BBB
  • IAPDA logo
  • Calchamber Member
  • Calbar Registered
  • D&B
  • Trustpilot
  • yelp logo