Notice: As a part of OVLG's preventive measures on COVID-19 outbreak, our office will remain operational with reduced staff from home. You may face issues with the phone due to routing issues or get delayed response. So we prefer that you send us an email or make a support request for assistance. For new clients, please use our chat system.

I took out a loan with United Cash Loans few days back. The loan was of $750 and I’ve paid them $150 over that amount. I’m here in Illinois and I’ve known that they have been operating their business illegally. I’ve discussed the issue with my bank and closed and opened another unlinked account. I’ve even sent letters to UCL and filed letters of complaints, However, UCL never did get back to me. My bank advised me to file fraud charges against them to get the money back. However, when I reached out to the fraud department, they told me that they need something in writing to do this. I’d like to know what this would be? Thanks in advance.

1 Answers
4 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

Usually, you have sign an affidavit of fraud. You can also provide your bank authorities with a print out of your state laws regarding payday lending so that they can know that the payday lender is illegal and any contract you have with the lending agency is void and unenforceable.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018