Should I talk to the HR dept. or consult an attorney?

I recently complained in our HR dept. against our Manager. My complaint was that the manager told all my coworkers that I had a STD, which is absolutely false. even it’s true that is none of anyone’s business. Alternatively, I just had scabies. I live in a small town and here words travel very fast. Now even my gf believes that I’m having std and asking me repeatedly to have proper treatment. My reputation is damaged because of his false statement. Now this manager is trying to fire me. What should I do? Talk to the HR dept. or consult an attorney to find out likely defamation cases?
1 Answers

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions.Learn more »

  • expertise badge
  • TrustLink logoTrustLink logo
  • Customer ratings on BBB
  • IAPDA logo
  • Calchamber Member
  • Calbar Registered
  • D&B
  • Trustpilot
  • yelp logo