Hi, in July 2011 one of my fellow employees had called me a slut, but my employer didn't take any action against that person. After 2 weeks, that person reported that I had threatened to him, and I was immediately fired. I was granted unemployment, but my ex-employer fought the state's decision and won the case because of good legal competency. That particular employee was promoted to my territory and and took over my accounts in which he made good commission. Is there anything I can do now? I have lost my job and unemployment because of this person's lies and I even couldn't defend myself....

1 Answers
2 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

You should contact a civil litigation attorney without delay. Nowadays, most attorneys take your case on contingency basis, which means that they will only receive a percentage of the recovery. However, remember that there is a statute of limitations (usually 2 years from the date of injury) to file a claim. Therefore, do immediately what you want to.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo