Can I sue my creditor for defamation?

One of my creditors (who is in another state) has blemished my credit report with inacurate info. Can I make a claim in my local small claims court, and if I get the judgement as the creditor did not bother to show up for the hearing, can I request to remove the blemish from my report as it's inaccurate and negatively affects my reputation?
1 Answers

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions.Learn more »

  • expertise badge
  • TrustLink logoTrustLink logo
  • Customer ratings on BBB
  • IAPDA logo
  • Calchamber Member
  • Calbar Registered
  • D&B
  • Trustpilot
  • yelp logo