I'd like to warn people within my area about a person whom I believe to be a pedophile. I want to warn people within my area to keep their children far away from this person. Though I can't show any proof against him, but he has admitted that to me personally. Can I be sued if I tell people about this?

1 Answers
-1 vote
Vote up!
Vote down!

If the mentioned person doesn't have a criminal history of pedophilia and you spread this thing in the locality, then it is an act of slander. The person can certainly sue you for this. If you don't have enough proof to support your accusation in the court, then you might lose the defamation case. Only take any step when you have enough proof against the person.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo