My husband owes more back taxes that what he can pay. I asked him to consult a tax attorney and see if we can make the IRS accept less than the actual payment. But my husband says that he has known about these things before and are scams. The attorney would take your $2000 and would not help you. Is this true?

1 Answers
1 vote
Vote up!
Vote down!

Not a single attorney can assure you results on this kind of issue. I’ve come across many TV ads where these entities tell about programs like “offer in compromise”, which are likely to be accepted. You should approach a tax attorney who will review your case and determine if he could help you. Only an experienced tax attorney can tell you if you have any chance to succeed with offers in compromise or with other ways.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo