A fake medical bill that resulted due to a mishap around 3 years ago literally ruined my credit that led to additional deposit of $250 on an apartment, numerous loan rejections and recently barred me from reducing interest rates on my credit cards thus forcing me to pay another $800 in interest at 29.33% apr. After telling them that I might initiate legal action for the same, they removed the bills from my account but the losses still haunt me. Should I take this to small claims court? What can I expect from that? Thanks in advance.

1 Answers
-1 vote
Vote up!
Vote down!

You could take but never try to file on your own. If provided with some additional facts, this seems like a pretty Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) case. Try to get help from a FCRA attorney licensed to practice law in your state. Hope this helps!

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo