Step 1: Call from a Financial Coach/ Debt Consultant
Once you opt for our "No obligation FREE debt counseling", one of our experienced consultants reaches out to you over the phone. But before you opt for the counseling session, check out the few signs that may indicate you need debt assistance to get back on the right financial track.
- Missing out payments on credit cards or other debts
- Getting debt collection calls every day
- Getting frustrated and depressed due to financial problems
- No budget plan to track your expenses
- Living beyond your means
- Losing sleep due to debts
- Making impulsive purchases
- Hiding your expenses from your spouse
- Having a low credit score
If you already show the early symptoms of debts, then gather documents for getting debt consolidation assistance fast:
- A copy of your recent pay stub. If you receive bonus or overtime at an irregular interval, then you may have to submit pay stubs received in the last 6 months
- Your credit card statements received in the last 2 months
- Your bank statements received in the last 3 months
- A list of all your debts
Step 2: Counseling for your financial problems
After reaching out to you, the debt consultant will ask you the following questions:
- How do you manage debts?
- Have you missed payments in the last few months?
- Do you get debt collection calls?
- Do you have money to cover your living expenses?
- Have you been turned down for a loan recently?
- Do you use credit cards for covering your expenses?
Once you give satisfactory answers, the debt consultant:
- Evaluates your financial situation accurately
- Calculates your income, expenses, and savings
- Provides you with a free budget counseling session
- Gives you free debt advice
- Gives you tips to lead a frugal lifestyle while paying back your creditors as per your affordability
- Helps you get an affordable monthly budget plan to resolve your debt issues
- Helps you get out of debt without losing any assets
- Helps you to move ahead in your financial life
- Suggests to opt for a legal debt relief program like debt settlement, debt management, debt consolidation, and bankruptcy if your condition is severe and recommends the most suitable option for you.
Note:You're not obliged to act according to the consultant’s suggestion during the debt counseling session and therefore can at any time end the counseling at your own discretion.
Step 3: An understanding of the program offered to you
If you agree to get help of the suggested program, the Financial Coach narrates you the entire fee structure and procedure of that particular program.
The debt consultant usually offers 4 debt relief programs to you.
- Debt settlement: This program helps to reduce your total payoff amount.
- Debt consolidation: This program helps to combine your multiple bills into a budget-friendly repayment plan.
- Debt management: This program helps to lower interest rate on your unsecured debts.
- Bankruptcy: This program helps you discharge debts in 3-4 months through asset liquidation.
Do you have to pay for debt counseling?
You won’t have to pay a penny for it. However, if you get debt consolidation assistance from OVLG, then we will charge a fee as per the industry standard to help you repay your bills. Here’s our fee structure.
What should you do when you’re getting debt assistance?
- Explain your financial problems honestly and sincerely
- Disclose your income, assets, debts, and savings to the consultant
- Take the debt advice seriously
- Clear all your doubts and queries
- Stay in touch with the consultant till you complete the repayment plan
How long does it take to finish the debt counseling process?
It depends on your debt situation. It can last for 30 minutes if your financial situation is not complicated. However, if you have too many debts and collection accounts, then it may last for 3 days. The consultant will give you 1-hour session every day till all your doubts and misconceptions are cleared.
Step 4: An agreement with the firm
You're provided with a legal e-copy of the agreement between you and OVLG. An assigned Client Relationship Analyst (CRA) offers monthly budget counseling and takes care of your account throughout the process.
Points to check before signing the agreement:
You understand the terms and conditions of the agreement clearly
- There are no hidden fees
- The tenure of the program is specified clearly
Step 5: Allotment of a transparent & secured client area
For the sake of transparency, you're provided with a secured client account so that you can stay informed about:
- The 'up-to-the-minute' performance reporting and latest developments in your case.
- The current status of your important documents (Representation agreement, Limited POA, settlement letter etc.)
- A detailed analysis of your budget. (See demo)
- Entire transaction details and payment information.
- Total overview of your debts and creditors. You can view:
- Creditors already settled
- Creditors whom payments are being done
- Creditors on negotiations
- Your total debt
- Balance in your trust account
- How to create a support request and check its status
Video transcript on: OVLG Reveals What Happens After You Contact Us for Debt Counseling
Hello, and welcome to Oak View Law Group. OVLG - where clients come first.
The first thing you will recieve after reaching out to us for debt relief is a counseling call from one of our debt consultants or financial coaches.
This coach or consultant will conduct after evalution of your debt situation.
Once we have done a complete assessment of your debts, your consultant will then walk you through the debt relief option best suited for you!
The whole debt counseling process is absolutely FREE, and you are completely free to take as much time as you need to discuss all your debt problems.
And when you are ready to enroll in a debt relief plan say for example a debt settlement plan. You will then be provided with a e-copy of the legal agreement you are signing with OVLG.
We are also provide you a secured client account where you can view all the details of the debt relief process.
You will always be well informed about the progress of your case, no doubt about. And, anytime you want, you can check the balance of the trust account which we will open for you.
So, why wait? Bring your debt problems to us. Say goodbye as your debt problems fly away in no time!