I went for a settlement and the account has been closed. However, I received a 1099-C few days back. Can anyone here tell me how it’s going to affect my taxes?

1 Answers
3 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

You’ll have to pay taxes on the forgiven or reduced amount for the settlement. The IRS expects you to include the amount when you file your tax return. There are some exceptions applicable though.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo