Can anyone help with any details regarding 1099C form?

1 Answers
-6 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

If you've settled your debt in the past, you're likely to get a 'Form 1099C: Cancellation of Debt' in the mail. If your creditor has accepted at least $600 less than the actual amount owed, then the IRS will consider this forgiven amount as income and you have to pay taxes on it.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo