I have received a collection notice from a company in regards to the credit card I had with one of their clients.
Years ago I consolidated a few of my bills with a "law firm" that eventually went under and I was under the impression that all debts were forgiven.
Apparently, I was mistaken.
Now they want $4171.57.
I don't have money like that to pay.
What can I do?

1 Answers
0 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

It seems that the law firm did not successfully settle your debts during the consolidation procedure. However, validate the debt first by sending the collection agency a debt validation letter. If they validate the debt, try to negotiate with the collection agency. If problems persist, talk to a local consumer attorney.

Hope this helps!

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo