A collection agency has refused to provide me with full payment records of my medical debt and the concerned hospital turning me back to the collection agency when I’m calling them. As I’ve been paying the collection agency for quite some time now, so I asked them to provide me with a proper itemization of the payments. The thing that received in return is amount due, interest rate and total due.

Can I send a letter to the credit bureaus and say that the company is refusing to provide me proper documentation of my payment history?

1 Answers
-2 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

Write a letter to the collection agency and to the hospital authority in certified return receipt mail insisting that they properly validate the debt as per the FDCPA. If they still go on trying to collect from you without validating the debt, then it is a violation of the law.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo