I’ve been sued for medical bills totaling around $7,000. I contacted a local attorney to see if I could have options to settle the amount. I was willing to settle the amount by paying $4,000. They rejected my offer and laughed at me and told that they’d send me forms to fill out and list all my income and only then they’d come up with a settlement amount. After this, I went to the court for a postponement and the court granted it. What should I do now? I don’t think that they are charging me properly. Any advice would be appreciated and can I handle them on my own without hiring the services of an attorney?

1 Answers
0 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

You can obviously represent yourself at court without hiring an attorney. Actually, you have the right to represent yourself. But this is something that I don't want to recommend as you're already messed up. I'd recommend you to reach out a consumer law attorney. These days, many offer free consultations. I wish you all the luck.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo