I’ve lost my medical business and a credit card company has sued me for some past due bills. All I receive is my social security benefits. Is there anything I can do? What can they do?

1 Answers
2 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

Make sure the amount that your receive from social security, doesn’t get deposited in your regular checking account. They can seize the amount if it is stored there. However, if your social security benefits get deposited into a bank account chiefly used for social security direct deposit, they can’t take it from there.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo