I'm from Portugal and wish to form a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) in California. Can I run an online company while staying outside the US? I have SSN, driving license and an US address.

1 Answers
2 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

You can absolutely do that (though there are some rules and limitations..).

If you are deemed a non-resident alien, the LLC cannot make an S election. Moreover, there can be additional tax withholding requirements. Lastly, there can be difficulty in transferring amount from the US to Portugal.
Get the services of a knowledgeable attorney and a good banker to accomplish everything without any trouble.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo