My husband filed Chapter 13 around 3 years back as of the company he owned didn’t turn up anything! He even has not managed to get a job since then! We have been paying our mortgage and the Chapter 13 by his retirement fund, which is going to cease this march! I have had many medical issues that have cropped up during this period. We are not late on our bills but perhaps will be in the coming months. We are now thinking of filing for Chapter 7. Can he change his Chapter 13 to Chapter 7 and include me there?

1 Answers
2 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

Your husband can convert but you can’t join without filing your own case and moving to have them jointly administered. This might be necessary if you have no assets to be liquidated!

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo