In April 2011 I filed for bankruptcy and got discharge in October 2011. Unfortunately, in May 2011 I had to get admitted in hospital and now due to the bankruptcy, my wages are being garnished. Is there any way I could amend the bill? I am far behind on my rent and all my other bill.

1 Answers
1 vote
Vote up!
Vote down!

Sorry to hear about your wretched condition! But you can only discharge the prepetition debt, the one you incurred before filing and not the medical bills that incurred the next month after you filed.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo