Free Consultations (800)-530-OVLG BBB-A-Rating

Can you switch from a chapter 13 bankruptcy to a chapter 7 bankruptcy or vice versa later?

1 Answers
3 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

Well, you can do this. It is known as "motion to convert" and can be executed once you have filed for any one of the bankruptcies. For example, if chapter 13 does not work for you, either the creditor or you can request for a conversion to chapter 7. The trustee can also request for the conversion.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018