My ex-husband is filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and told me that he will not send alimony anymore. Though I know that alimony is not dischargeable in bankruptcy, he has not sent any check for long. What steps should I initiate to take my alimony back? He is a government employee and moreover, has two businesses with steady income. Divorce took place in the state of Virginia.

1 Answers
7 votes
Vote up!
Vote down!

You should reopen the divorce and file an action to show cause as why your ex-husband has not worked according to the court orders (alimony payments). Consult your lawyer as to know how you can do all these.

Ask Question

Waterfall approach to debt free ™

Legal debt relief methodology that works based on your financial conditions. Learn more »

Last Updated on: Fri, 8 Jun 2018

BBB-A--Rating TrustLink logo TrustLink logo