of farming land, or 1 acre in an incorporated town or city and is used as residence on the land.
The greater among 75 %
of the earnings or 30 times
the federal minimum hourly wage per week.
Ornamental and jewelry cost up to $ 1,000
One motor vehicle up to $ 20,000
which has no limit for the physically disabled.
Personal properties which includes books, furniture, implements to run farming or husbandry business up to the amount of $ 7,500
Total or Absolute Exemptions for
- Household Furniture including food, fuel and clothing present at the principal place of residence for 1 year.
- Specific Partnership Property.
- Burial Plot.
- United States Pension Benefits.
- Funds and Benefits of Retirement Plan.
- Funds and Benefits of IRA Investments.
- Crime Victims Compensation Awards.
- Unemployment, Public Assistance & Workmen's Compensation Benefits.
- Liquor License, Club License, or Malt based Beverage Distribution or Wholesale License.
- Luggage and Property seized for any non-payments.
- Goods held on Approval of sale.
Court's Address PO Box 1111, Lexington, KY 40588-1111
Court's Phone Number 859-233-2608
Court's Web Address www.kyeb.uscourts.gov
Court's Hours 830am - 400pm (Monday – Friday)
Court Locations Ashland, Corbin, Covington, Frankfurt, Lexington, Pikeville
Jurisdictional Counties Anderson, Bath, Bell, Boone, Bourbon, Boyd, Boyle, Bracken, Breathitt, Campbell, Carroll, Carter, Clark, Clay, Elliot, Estill, Fayette, Fleming, Floyd, Franklin, Gallatin, Garrard, Grant, Greenup, Harlan, Harrison, Henry, Jackson, Jessamine, Johnson, Kenton, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lewis, Lincoln, McCreary, Madison, Magoffin, Martin, Mason, Menifee, Mercer, Montgomery, Morgan, Nicholas, Owen, Owsley, Pendleton, Perry, Pike, Powell, Pulaski, Robertson, Rockcastle, Rowan, Scott, Shelby, Trimble, Wayne, Whitley, Wolfe, Woodford
JudgesHon. Joe Lee (U.S. Bankruptcy Court)P.O. Box 111 Lexington, KY 40588(859) 233-2814Hon. Joseph M. Scott, Jr. (U.S. Bankruptcy Court)P.O. Box 111 Lexington, KY 40588(859) 233-2814
Hon. William S. Howard (U.S. Bankruptcy Court)P.O. Box 111 Lexington, KY 40588(859) 233-2466
Clerks Jerry D. Truitt (Bankruptcy Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court)P.O. Box 1111
Lexington, KY 40588(859) 233-2608