in case of the debtor being the family head or 65 or more years of age old, and $ 20,000
for all other cases.
, 90 %
and 80 %
respectively for the first $ 100 per month, then next $ 100 per month and balance per month. And 100 % for personal services during last 31 days before filling bankruptcy.
Jewelry, watches and similar items up to the extent of $ 1,000
Equity in automobile can be under exempt up to $ 2,575
Total or Absolute Exemptions for:
- Necessary books, appliances, tools, apparels and uniforms, one commercial fishing boat and one commercial motor vehicle.
- Burial plot (must not be more than 250 sq. ft.)
- Wages and remuneration of last 31 days.
- Group life insurance and disability insurance proceeds.
- Fraternal & society benefits.
- Public assistance payments.
- Workmen's compensation benefits.
- Policemen & Firemen pension system benefits.
- Tenancies by entireties.
- Specific partnership property interest.
- Pension retirement benefits of public employees.
- Employment security benefits.
Court Locations Hilo, Honolulu, Lihue, and Wailuku
Jurisdictional Counties All counties
JudgesHon. Lloyd King (U.S. Bankruptcy Court)1132 Bishop St., Ste. 250L Honolulu, HI 96813(808) 522-8100Robert J. Faris (U.S. Bankruptcy Court)1132 Bishop St., Ste. 250L Honolulu, HI 96813(808) 522-8100
ClerksHon. Lloyd King (U.S. Bankruptcy Court)1132 Bishop St., Ste. 250L Honolulu, HI 96813(808) 522-8100Michael B. Dowling (Bankruptcy Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court)1132 Bishop St., Suite 250L Honolulu, HI 96813(808) 522-8100 x116