Let’s face it, traveling on a limitless budget isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t go for a vacation. Of course, you can go vacationing with a limited budget.
Traveling on a budget becomes easier when you plan a weekend getaway. But, of course, if you go out on every weekend, your money will disappear quickly.
Fall weekends are the perfect time to relax and have fun with your family. Even better, as kids go back to school, you can enjoy a perfect romantic fall weekend getaway with your spouse.
So, what are you waiting for? Make a romantic weekend plan with your partner today.
8 Places to enjoy a romantic fall weekend getaway within budget
Are you planning a romantic getaway this fall? Are you wondering how to enjoy your weekend with limited money? If so, then don’t worry. There are more than half a dozen places.
Check out the places where you can enjoy an inexpensive romantic fall weekend getaway:
1. Savannah, Georgia
Savannah, a coastal city in the state of Georgia, is well known for it’s manicured parks, horse-drawn carriages, and ornate antebellum architecture. The Savannah River separates it from South Carolina. The city is popular for its culture and tradition, and maintaining its heritage.
If you are looking for saving your dollars on your stay, then book rooms near the Savannah/Hilton Head airport.
Rooms over there are very affordable (about $100 plus less), unlike the ones in the Historic District. Moreover, you can also save few dollars if you book your tour online.
2. San Francisco, California
San Francisco, located in northern California, is a colorful collage of hilly landscape, year-round fog, iconic Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, and colorful Victorian houses. It has plenty of attractions like:
- Alcatraz Island
- Fisherman’s Wharf
- Golden Gate Park
- California Academy of Sciences
- Twin Peaks
- Asian Art Museum, and the list goes on.
Unlike hotels in the main areas like downtown, SoMa and Fisherman’s Wharf, which are ready to take away your money, you’ll find much better options in Nob Hill and Mariana District. Do your booking in the cooler months to get plenty of deals.
Don’t forget to buy the San Francisco CityPASS or Go San Francisco Card before you begin your tour.
It’ll offer you great deals.
3. Jackson Hole, Wyoming
If you are planning a trip to Jackson Hole, remember you’re not alone, because it’s the favorite haunt of wild animals including bears.
- Grand Teton National Park
- National Museum of Wildlife Art
- Town Square
- Jackson Hole Playhouse
- Granite Hot Springs, and so on.
You could save big bucks if you drive in the months of May or October.
Don’t forget to order the early-bird special to save money on foods.
4. Chicago, Illinois
Chicago, one of the largest cities in the U.S., is well known for its museums, including the Art Institute. You also enjoy a lot of things within a budget like:
- Chicago Cultural Center
- Garfield Park Conservatory
- Cantigny Park
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Willis Tower
- University of Chicago Museums
- Grant Park, and so on.
However, you can save more if you invest in an all-access pass like Chicago CityPASS or the Go Chicago Card.
5. Boston, Massachusetts
The capital city has plenty of things to offer, that’s to on a budget like:
- USS Constitution and Museum
- Bunker Hill Monument
- Paul Revere House, Faneuil Hall
- Old South Meeting House
- Massachusetts State House
- Boston Common
- Charles River Esplanade
- Franklin Park and Zoos
- Beacon Hill
- Jamaica Plain
- Museum of Fine Arts Boston
- Boston Public Library, and the list goes on.
A Boston CityPASS will save you money on some of the city’s best attractions.
6. Charleston, South Carolina
Charleston will offer you some free things to enjoy such as:
- The Citadel
- Waterfront Park
- Folly Beach
- Francis Marion National Forest
- Sullivan’s Island
- Four Corners of Law
- Karpeles Manuscript Library
- Charleston Tea Plantation, and so on.
Midday menus in many eateries will offer you reduced-price on foods.
7. Washington, DC
Are you looking for free things to enjoy in Washington, DC? Here’s a list of things you can enjoy for free:
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans and Korean War Veterans Memorials
- The Tidal Basin
- National Gallery of Art
- National Air and Space Museum, and so on.
You can also save money on food if you eat from the food trucks and in the student areas.
You’ll also find ample places to stay within budget.
8. New York
If you want to save money on your New York trip, then say “no” to cabs and say “yes” to street vendors.
You can check out these destinations like:
- Statue of Liberty and Battery Park
- Empire State Building
- Broadway and Shubert Alley
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Rockefeller Center
- Fifth Avenue
- Brooklyn Bridge
- St Patrick's Cathedral
Here’s a list of how you can save big bucks on New York City travel:
- Buy a tourist pass like The New York Pass, and CityPass.
- Look for free or inexpensive concerts, book readings, art exhibits happening all over the city.
- Purchase a subway pass and cut down costs on transportation.
- Check out the popular TKTS booths for discounted Broadway tickets.
- Consider alternative logging like apartment rentals, home exchange, and hostels.
Time is too precious. Don’t waste it. Make a romantic plan with your spouse this fall and enjoy to the fullest.
Also read - How college students can take full advantage of the fall season